Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

4 course asparagus dinner, Sat. March 22

Saturday, March 22, 2014
7 pm
Limited space for 10
in a loft in oakland
$40/person
byob

Celebrating the asparagus harvest with a unique 4 course asparagus menu

Soup
Asparagus-potato miso chowder with asparagus tempura

Appetizer plate
Roasted asparagus-walnut puree
shaved asparagus salad
fried asparagus dumplings

Entree
Tempeh and asparagus with spicy tamarind sauce
shitake stir fried with lemongrass and ginger
sweet rice steamed in lotus leaf

Dessert
Asparagus donuts
Asparagus sorbet
chocolate port sauce

2 comments:

  1. Hello friends how are you I want tell you something I knw you like this. These nutritional powerhouses are packed full of vitamins such as calcium and iron. On the run or hate spinach? Try drinking your greens. I recommend Naked Juice's Green Machine-its made with fruit juice as well as greens, so it tastes better than others.Take a vitamin supplement that contains B12 or include nutritional yeast in your diet regularly, especially if you're vegan or mostly vegan. Water water water! It's been said over and over again for a reason-because its true! Most people don't drink nearly enough. Bring a water bottle with you wherever you go and invest in a simple filter for your home. Water is especially important when adjusting to a new way of eating, as it will help curb any cravings you may experience. Make it a goal to eat at least one piece of raw fruit or a handful of raw vegetables every dayI try to eat an apple first thing in the morning to get it out of the way. Reduce your refined sugar intake. I've got as much of a sweet tooth as anybody, but I try to keep it under control by using such sugar replacers as brown rice syrup, stevia and agave nectar whenever possible (such as in coffee and tea) and indulging in the refined stuff only occasionally.
    snug panda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The the next occasion I read a blog, I really hope who’s doesnt disappoint me around this one. What i’m saying is, I know it was my substitute for read, but I actually thought youd have something fascinating to say. All I hear is often a few whining about something you could fix if you ever werent too busy searching for attention. read this article

    ReplyDelete